A handful of works I haven't seen mentioned above:
- Marie Lu's Legend and Prodigy
- Salman Rushdie, Haroun and the Sea of Stories
- Fuyumi Ono, The Twelve Kingdoms and sequels
- Guy Gavriel Kay's The Lions of Al-Rassan, and Under Heaven
- Colin Cotterill's Dr. Siri series (magical realist Laotian Communist mysteries!), starting with The Coroner's Lunch.
- Barry Hughart, Bridge of Birds
And of course there's the entire Haikusoru line (Japanese authors). One wishes there was more Chinese- & Korean-derived Fantasy & SF translated in English.