Log in

bear by san

February 2017



Powered by LiveJournal.com
criminal minds boom

i hate everything. i hate everything. i hate everything. i hate.

Today, I survived the unholy embrace of the DMV, and it only took two trips to get my car registered and my license transferred. (I was sent back scavenging for some missing paperwork. N.B., if you ever have to register a car in Massachusetts, they want some arcane form from your insurance company: normal proof of insurance just will not do. And it turned out my title was exactly where I had already looked for it three times--right where it ought to be--even though I hadn't touched it since 2007. It was hiding between some old tax returns and laughing at me.)

QUEST COMPLETED: MassDOT. Achievement unlocked: car registration and MA plates. Achievement unlocked: EZ PASS. Achievement unlocked: driver's license transferred and renewed.

Reward: chocolate and brandy. And a nice cup of green tea.


And I put the new plates on my car. Which would have been easier if some nimrod at the dealership hadn't decided to affix the front one with non-rustproof hex bolts in two different sizes.

I took it off with pliers, a hex wrench, a screwdriver, and a pair of dikes.

I won't tell you how I got the new one on, but hypothetically speaking, it's a real pain in the ass getting epoxy out of your hair.

In other news, it is a gorgeous September evening out there--so nice the dog got twice as long of a walk as I planned. Almost makes up for having August all June and July.


The license wasn't bad at all (half an hour), and the Southbridge office is great, if you can find it. (Nobody can, so it's not busy.) Just be aware that you need THREE FORMS OF ID, and they all have to be different: I used my old DL, my passport to prove place of birth, and a checkbook to prove my new address.

They will also take a social security card for #2, and a bill for #3.

It was the car registration that was hoops and hoops to jump through. You need to fill out a form attesting that the car was not bought recently in MA so you don't owe sales tax, and you need a specific form stamped and signed by your insurance agent or company for proof of insurance--not just a proof of insurance card or letter.