1. light from a high window 3
2. they know all, that dwell in the silent kitchens 13
3. the mute resurrected 22
4. of course she fell 33
5. outside rule 43
6. the beast in the heart of the world 57
7: the beat of parasite wings 66
8. poison angels 82
9. what it means to be a princess 98
10. all that heaven and none for thee 108
11. her own salt 121
12: bats on a space ship 130
13. the deck 145
14. evidence of war 156
15. sweet things grow in the cold 170
16. chapter title 184
Chapter 16 obviously is still waiting to find its title, and 12 needs a better one.
I have stopped because I need to figure out exactly what Ariane did to provoke Perceval, and why Perceval doesn't want to talk about it. This will no doubt necessitate a trip to the gym and some time on the ski machine to unstick my head, which is good, because it will get me that much closer to Buckland.
Last couple of impertinent questions:
1) Write, submit, go to cons and hang out with other writers, find a good critique group who will honestly tell you what is broken and listen to them, read slush, write, submit, write, submit. Alas, there is no shortcut that I am aware of. Unless you happen to be scott_lynch, and touched by a publishing angel.
2) IM IN UR BASEMENT STEELIN UR ITUNES
Honestly? It helps to have been so completely miserable and trapped that you really appreciate not being miserable anymore. If you want to drop me an email, you know, I can go into detail.