It's not so much the end of an era as the changing of the guard. Although there are still two print issues to go, Subterranean Magazine is coincidentally beginning its new incarnation as a (free!) online magazine.
And you can find it here, starting with the Winter 2007 issue.
There will be new
controversy content every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Currently, this includes the following features which are currently current right now:
* Column: HARVESTING THE DARKNESS #1 by Norman Partridge
* Fiction: MISSIVES FROM POSSIBLE FUTURES #1: ALTERNATE HISTORY SEARCH RESULTS by John Scalzi
* Fiction: VACANCY by Lucius Shepard
* Fiction: WANDERING THE BORDERLANDS by Poppy Z. Brite
* Review: BOOK REVIEWS by Dorman T. Shindler
But soon will also include content by, er, me (including a novelette and a feminist diatribe) and a bunch of other very cool people.
And, to quote the Firesign Theatre, it's a fair to all and no fare to anyone! That's right! It's free!
(Did I sound enthusiastic enough? I can never tell.)