1) Buy some pita bread (whole wheat or white is fine) at the Algerian deli on the corner. Put it in the fridge, along with the hummus you also bought.
2) Over the course of a week or so, eat three of the four loaves and most of the hummus.
3) Go away on a business trip.
4) Come home, sleep, wake up, putter around, and decide you want some lunch.
5) Rummage in the fridge and find the hummus and the last pita bread.
6) Notice that the pita bread is stale.
7) Put it in the oven at 115 degrees to warm up so it will be less stale-ish.
8) Forget it for two hours.
9) Walk into the kitchen to get tea and notice the oven is on.
10) Removed the kiln-dried pita bread.
11) Break into pieces.
12) Enjoy warm with hummus.
13) Have a raw red sweet pepper for dessert.