1. What is the soundtrack for this LJ?
This week? Joan Osborne, Richard Thompson, Thea Gilmore, Big Country, ancient The Police
Last week? Hannah Fury, Jethro Tull, Thea Gilmore, Marilyn Manson, Old '97s
2. What's bothering you right now?
Not much, outside the nagging sensation that I should be writing these short stories that I should be writing. Oh, and wondering what, precisely, is actually going on with regard to Criminal Minds and hoping Bernero and his
3. Do you close the door when you are sleeping?
The presumptuous cat does not approve of closed doors. When I had the psycho room-mate, though, I closed and locked it.
4. What is in your wallet?
Cash, receipts, ID, lots of plastic coupon cards, a Miskatonic University student ID, and my Pope card.
5. Wallpaper on your computer's desktop?
The background of my "Boom" icon, only bigger. Previous to that, it was an APOD, then a Froud painting, then a tapir...
6. Background on your cell phone?
I don't have wallpaper on my cell.
7. Next time you will kiss someone?
8. Where was your default picture taken?
The magpie? No idea. It's one of those things that wandered in off the internet.
Blue, myopic; except when grey, myopic. Possibly behind glasses.
Pretty nice, actually.
12. Doing this weekend?
Nothing, I hope, except maybe walking to the farmer's market on Saturday. I badly need some people-free time. Oh, wait, I have dinner plans with mcurry and arcaedia Friday. Is that weekend?
Shorts and a teal blue short sleeved cotton top. Brand new undies (I went shopping this week) and a brown satin bra. Eight pieces of piercing jewelry and purple-and-copper Nurd Chiq eyeglasses.
14. Who was the last person to send you a text message?
leahbobet, I bet.
15. If you could have one thing right now what would it be?
Assuming an Al Gore win in 2000 is off the menu, I'd vote for affordable health insurance. Oh, you mean somethign reasonable? A nice old farmhouse with a sunporch and room for a couple of horses, someplace in New England where you can see hills.
16. Listening to?
Richard Thompson, Sweet Warrior
17. Have you ever kissed anyone named Patty?
Not to the best of my current recollection. But there was that one night in New Yttrium....
18. What do you smell like?
Right now? Shampoo and soap. Generally? Either essential oils or girl or sweaty girl.
Just had some yogurt and berries, an english muffin, and some leftover brocolli rabe for brunch.
20. On your bed, what is your favorite thing?
21. Do you believe in a soul mate?
22. What do you wear to bed?
Nothing, or pajama bottoms and a tank.
23. Do you remember your dreams?
24. Do you burn easily in the sun?
25. Have you ever been gambling?
I lived in Las Vegas for seven years. (That said, it's not really my thing, though I had awfully good luck on this one MegaBucks machine for a while.)
26. What's something you wish you could understand better?
Music. Storytelling. Math. Physics. Neurology. People.
27. What did you do last weekend?
Dinner and Scrabble with netcurmudgeon and ashacat on Saturday; lunch and a puppy-socializing park trip with my mom and thecoughlin on Sunday. Happy birthday, thecoughlin!
28. Who do you miss?
The list is too long to even begin to get into. People from college, people from Las Vegas, people from after college.... (oddly enough, I still hear from everybody I was really close to in highschool.)
29. Who is the last girl you hugged?
ashacat. Before her, thecoughlin.
30. Orange or apple juice?
cranberry. or grapefruit.
31. Who was the last person you went somewhere with?
ashacat and I went to the gym yesterday, and the gym, the maul, and the movies on Tuesday.
32. What was the last text message?
33. Have you kissed anyone on your friendslist?
34. Last time you ate a home grown tomato?
Last summer? Does farmstand local organic heirloom count? Otherwise, I don't know.
36. What was the last thing you drank?
Upton tea Russian Caravan tea. Right now.
37. Who's house did you go to last night?
My own comfy little apartment.
38. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
skzbrust. It's been a while since I visited a hospital. Let's keep it that way.
39. Do you like someone right now?
I'm contemplating giving up romance for good. Get back to me in five years or so.
40. What do you wear more, slacks, jeans, or sweatpants?
41. What is the last movie you watched? With who?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, in IMAX and 3D, with ashacat, because we were being sixteen for the day. We also ate hotdogs and nudged each other giggled.
42. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
tea, water, milk, seltzer, limeade, cranberry juice, birch beer
That's seven. *g* I get extra credit, right?
43. What are you excited about?
Undertow! And Whiskey & Water, too! And the KGB reading, and Bearcon! and seeing Patti Smith in Brooklyn in September.
44. Do you want someone you can't have?
45. Who was last to slap your butt?
You know, I am not categorically certain anybody has ever slapped my butt, except to administer a spanking.
I understand I can be somewhat forbidding.
46. Where was the last place you went?
47. What's on your mind right now?
archery tonight, those short stories, the book I am about to go read.
48. Have you cried recently?
Not since before Readercon.
49. When you think of your crush, who is it?
Alas, I am crush-free. I think my crusher might be broken.
Well, I can muster a girlcrush on mekkavandexter some days, but don't tell her ;-).
Which is not to say that the world isn't full of people I find delightful.
But. At least the ooo, pretty! is still there, which takes some of the sting out of it.
50. Is taking a shower a daily habit?
Yes. Sometimes twice a day.