GLAM OR NOT GLAM?!?!?!
Dude. That's *Marc Bolan.* There is no other glam.
What is this obsession with dead rock stars?
Are you high?
With the exception of any flame-appliqued bodysuits with David Bowie inside them, Spandex =/= Glam.
Dammit! Where is my appliqued bodystocking?
David, you really need to occasionally eat something to support the cocaine habit, man...
What is that, the Village People out of drag?
Arena rock, honey. STILL NOT GLAM.
Hey, they've been nearly famous for thirty years. Shut up.
Punk =/= glam.
Silver lame makes anyone glam. Besides, he's wearing eyeliner. Automatic glam!
With abs like that, who needs glam?
And a bonus image of Lady Stardust, just because he's so damned pretty.
Also, some Annie Leibovitz shots: Iggy Pop and Willie Nelson.
She's just amazing, she is.
So everytime I mention "Gothercize," somebody pops up to either ask what it is, or make the same joke about standing around smoking cloves and looking wan and disaffected.
So, in case you were wondering, Gothercize is just like Jazzercize, only in stompy boots and at 120 BPM.
Currently, this is the playlist I'm using. Yes, not all of it is Goth. In fact, not even most of it is Goth. It's really more Punkercize, but what the hell, I'm old school. (I was Goth before Goth had a name, except in that we referred to Queensryche as "Goth Rock" back in those days. Yes, I did technical theatre in high school. No, I never had a problem coming up with seven days' worth of black clothes. And I thought Depeche Mode was a sissy band for posers, although I have grown to kind of like some of their ouvre now. We all soften with age, baby. And no, I don't really dress Goth anymore except for clubbing, but that's because I work in my pajamas, and I refuse to wear heels or eyeliner to the grocery store--and my wardrobe now includes colors other than black, white, silver. I can still do the tattered velvet and lace and boots thing when I need to, though.)
24 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:04
Playlist length: 1 hour 37 minutes 48 seconds
1. The Melismatics - Waves of Sound (3:06)
2. KT Tunstall - Get Ur Freak On (BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge) (3:15)
3. Entrain - Dancin' In The Light (Tarbosh) (4:17)
4. the Lords of Acid - Pussy (4:07)
5. Marilyn Manson - This Is the New S**t (4:22)
6. :Wumpscut: - Wreath of Barbs (5:27)
7. Culture Club - Church of the Poisoned Mind (3:35)
8. Genesis - Land of Confusion (4:45)
9. Friends Like These - Bombs Away (3:16)
10. Alarm - The Stand (3:16)
11. Iggy Pop - Lust For Life (5:13)
12. Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated (2:29)
13. The White Stripes - Fell in Love With a Girl (1:50)
14. Das Ich - Re Animat (4:25)
15. Violent Femmes - Add it Up (4:45)
16. The Mighty Mighty BossTones - Hell Of A Hat (3:54)
17. Clash - Lost in the Supermarket (3:50)
18. The English Beat - Mirror In The Bathroom (3:09)
19. :Wumpscut: - Die in Winter (7:48)
20. Fatboy Slim - Slash Dot Dash (2:54)
21. Me'Shell Ndegeocello - If That's Your Boyfriend (He Wasn't Last Night) (4:33)
22. Senor Coconut - Humo En El Agua (4:47)
23. Aesop Rock - Daylight (4:25)
24. John Hiatt - Cry Love (4:20)