I actually prefer it when I can get up and work in the morning, get the writing out of the way, and then do the gym/errands thing in the afternoon. I think I am more productive before the rest of the world awakes.
Today's homophone typo: "know way." Still not as good as the flat-panel minotaur a while back.
I really can't describe the noises somebody's stomach is making as either "throaty" or "gutteral" without being unintentionally humorous, can I?
1758 words on Bone & Jewel Creatures this morning, for a total of 4931. Which is about a fifth to a quarter of the story, I think. It's starting to get respectably-sized. And that's today's work done, except for a bunch of paperwork and mailing of things that needs to be taken care of. And erranding--today is the day we winterize the car, etc.
Mean things: little old ladies having their dogs stuffed.
Nourishment: some lemon herb tea left from last night. I'm on deadline discipline now, which means no food before words if I'm working in the morning.... amazing what a good motivator hunger is
Mammalian Assistance: the PC is plastered to my calf this morning, when she's not trying to sleep on my thigh, balancing herself with her Very! Sharp! claws.
Words Word Don't Know: tapestried, multipaned, spinel, startlement, argan, slitted, humerus,
Because netcurmudgeon dared me, I made a mix CD late last night/early this morning, comprised of songs that fail FCC standards in a particular way. Now I'm listening to it, and I have to say, it's a pretty good mix.
If you're curious, the contents of:
Carpet-Bombing With The F-Word.
1. Damien Rice - Rootless Tree (4:22)
2. Ani Difranco - Untouchable Face (4:37)
3. The Bird And The Bee - Fucking Boyfriend (3:15)
4. Warren Zevon - My Shit's Fucked Up (2:45)
5. Fatboy Slim - Fucking In Heaven (3:54)
6. Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk To Fuck (2:40)
7. Peaches - Fuck the Pain Away (Strategic remix) (4:03)
8. Liz Phair - Fuck and Run (3:07)
9. The Beautiful South - Don't Marry Her (3:22)
10. Jane Siberry - Half Angel Half Eagle (3:55)
11. Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man [Live] (4:45)
12. Violent Femmes - Add it Up (4:45)
13. The Offspring - Bad Habit (3:44)
14. Everlast - What It's Like (5:05)
15. Iron & Wine - Evening On the Ground (Lilith's Song) (3:06)
16. Nine Inch Nails - closer (6:13)
17. Eric Idle - The FCC Song (2:10)
18. David Bowie - The Gospel According To Tony Day (2:50)
19. Marilyn Manson - This Is the New Shit (4:22)
20. The Mighty Mighty BossTones - Hell Of A Hat (3:54)
21. The Tragically Hip - One Night in Copenhagen (2:20)
Also, for my own reference:
Finish Bone & Jewel Creatures. At the current rate of ~1500 words a day, which seems to be a pretty sustainable rate, call it another 8-12 days of work. The plan is to have it done by the end of the year, I hope.
Revise "King Pole, Gallows Pole, Bottle Tree."
Write Wehrwolf, and find it a decent title. At 30,000 words, call it 20 days' work.
Write "Your Collar" (~3,500 words?) One or three days. Victorian minotaurs. eyoo.
Write "Smile" (~?) Not too many days, anyway. That could use a nonsucky title too.
Write Chill. At 1500 words a day, 66.6 days of work.
Sometime in mid-April, 2008: Pitch over from exhaustion as convention season begins.
Then the rest of the year is just revising By the Mountain Bound, revising One-Eyed Jack and the Suicide King, and rewriting The Sea thy Mistress.
God. At this point, that almost sounds... easy.