Five things make a post:
1) Yes, it's ancient internet history, but it's new to me. This is brilliant. Single-sentence synopses of popular comics.
2) xkcd broke my heart this morning:
3) Vancouver with her glad rags on. Whoa. Also beautiful. Somewhere in there, I guess there must be an ocean, but who could tell?
4) Sales of Blood and Iron are up like whoa, the last few days. I guess what they say about publicity is true. And I welcome all the new readers whom the brouhaha appears to have brought to my blog.
5) Speaking of which, this is my absolute last word on the goddamned circular firing squad of a cultural appropriation argument that has been monopolizing far too much of my life for the past ten days:
I was raised in New England. I grew up in a house with a sadistic borderline personality. My chosen literary genre is the comedy of ethics. Do not confuse my politeness, my willingness to listen to criticism, or my acceptance of the need to sometimes take one for the team with moral cowardice, a susceptibility to bullying, or any plans to throw any of my friends under the bus whether I disagree with them or not.
Yes, I pretty much expect to see my name blackened all over the internet for saying so. I don't care, and you could do me a favor and not care either. And if you have to care, do it someplace other than my journal, kthanx.
The dogs bark. The caravan moves on.
On this last point, I will not be taking questions. And I
Go. Go elsewhere. It's a big Internet. Go excoriate me there.