Vacation, in this case, is going to consist of doing a lot of reading and research, so it's not really much like a real vacation, but there's nothing I'm supposed to be writing right now. Which is actually pretty good, all things considered, because I need some downtime and it's hard to take it with deadlines breathing down your neck.
Stories, damn them, take time to grow.
So here's what I have to do with the rest of this year:
- Revise Chill (waiting on editorial input)
- Write A Reckoning of Men (with truepenny) (in co-author's in basket)
- Write Grail (have to finish Chill first)
- Write Smile (working on it in a back-burner sort of way, but since it has no deadline, it's definitely a project for when I find it fun)
- Sell something. Preferably One-Eyed Jack & the Suicide King (waiting on editor)
- Write untitled Mongolrocco novel proposal (have to sell OEJ first)
- Write post-singularity satire novel proposal (have to finish Jacob's Ladder contract first)
- Write "On Safari in R'lyeh and Carcosa with Gun and Camera." (Yeah, still only have one sentence)
- Shadow Unit season 3 (waiting to finish season 2)