What? It's not English? Well, good, It doesn't deserve to be.
Anyway, notable of the trip:
- Williams College is beautiful, and so are the Berkshires, but we knew that.
- Williams College fed us, so if you thought about showing up and didn't, you missed cookies! and dolmas! and other things. Totally spiffy.
- The Inkberry people are awesome, and they also fed us.
- The Giant Ridiculous Dog came with me (as I was leaving, he kept looking pointedly at his leash and seatbelt, and I caved). Since I got lost at the college and he needed a break after the two and a half hours in the car, he came into the auditorium with me, and he was a perfect gentleman the whole time, except for one bark when we were applauding after Maggie's reading. Which, honestly, it was a story worth barking for!
- The outing was most likely very good for him, socially. He was quite nervous at first, but nobody killed him, and he got many pets and made several new friends.
- stealthmuffin was kind enough to hold his leash while I was reading, and except for trying to climb into her lap, he was mostly good for her, too.
- We had more audience than readers, which is always a sign of success!
- And then we came home safe.
- It snowed in both directions. Just flurries, but this is early snow for us. Oh, yeah, it's going to be quite a winter.