- Got up at 5:30 am to drive to Amherst to put in my work day for the CSA I belong to.
- Discovered I had to be there at 9, not 8.
- Stopped and ate oatmeal at a truck stop in Holyoke.
- Stopped at a car wash and cleaned out and vacuumed the Moby Smurfberry.
- Spent four hours harvesting onions.
- Had a very nice pot luck lunch.
- Picked some tomatillos and chili peppers.
- Drove home.
- Cut up the tomatillos and chili peppers.
- Went kayaking on the (very low water of the) Hockanum River with The Jeff.
- Made dinner (pesto past and garlic tomato cheese bread: The Jeff made the salad) for The Jeff and TBRE.
- Turned the tomatillos and chili peppers into six pints of jam: three spicy, three with lemon peel and ginger. Hard to say which is better. They're both kind of AWESOME.
- Processed the jars of jam.
- And now I'm going to go upstairs and write until I fall asleep.
This is not an atypical day.
Why is it that I feel so damned tired again?