I just emailed in Range of Ghosts to my agent, my editor, and my agent's adorable assistant, having written something like 16,000 words in the past three days.
I know it's missing stuff, and there's stuff that could be better, but we call it a draft because it's full of holes, and I love, love, love these people.
And that's it. The last of the insane 2010 deadline tree has gone down under my mighty wheels. I still have work to do (see below) but it's not on anything like the meat-grinder of a schedule I have been on.
I'm going to go die in a heap now. And figure out what to make for dinner.
Post-novel ennui in 3,2,1... ...fortunately, I have the galleys for Grail to get through by the 21st. So I have paying work that does not require much brain.
Oh, and tonight I finally get to watch this week's Castle. Aces.
If you were wondering, here's my nausea rotation playlist for Range of Ghosts:
1. Basil Poledouris - Prologue & Anvil Of Crom (3:40)
2. Bat For Lashes - Horse And I (3:04)
3. PJ Harvey - Send His Love To Me (4:20)
4. Indigo Girls - Sugar Tongue (Acoustic Version) (3:47)
5. Vast - Where It Never Rains (3:30)
6. Maddy Prior - Maddy Prior - 09-Boy on a Horse (3:42)
7. The National - Little Faith (4:36)
8. Snow Patrol - Set The Fire To The Third Bar (3:23)
9. Basia Bulat - Heart Of My Own (3:49)
10. Guarneri Underground - Kashmir (live) (8:59)
11. Three Dog Night - Shambala (3:25)
12. Vast - Desert Garden (3:16)
13. Mumford & Sons - Dust Bowl Dance (4:40)
14. John Hiatt - God's Golden Eyes (2:28)
15. Jethro Tull - Wounded, Old And Treachreous (7:50)
16. Leonard Cohen - The Future (6:41)
17. Cat Stevens - Moonshadow (2:52)
18. Sting - Desert Rose (4:45)
19. Leonard Cohen - Here It Is (4:18)
20. Phil Ochs - William Butler Yeats Visits Lincoln Park And Escapes Unscathed (3:30)
21. Joni Mitchell - Slouching Towards Bethlehem (6:56)
22. Tom Waits - All the World is Green (4:38)
23. Dar Williams - And A God Descended (4:15)
24. Patrick Park - Come What Will (3:46)
25. Jethro Tull - This Free Will (4:05)
26. Ben Harper And Relentless7 - Skin Thin (4:32)
27. Jann Arden - The Way Things Are Going (4:10)
28. Patrick Park - Blackbird Through the Dark (3:19)
29. Iron & Wine - Woman King (4:24)
30. Patrick Park - The Lucky Ones (3:57)
31. Basil Poledouris - Wheel of pain (4:09)
Viable Paradise: October 1-10
World Fantasy: October 28-31
"Uniform": November 15
Darkover: November 26-28
The book proposal currently known as Gotham Jazz.
Realms of Fantasy column: December 7
Silverberg homage story: Dec 31
"Ligature": January 15 2011
New Amsterdam IV & chapbook: March 2011
Modern Fae story: ("Patience & Fortitude" (aka The Mighty Drag Werewolf story)) March 11
Leprecon 37: May 6-8
Eurocon: June 17-19 2011 (barring volcanoes)
Fourth Street Fantasy Conversation: June 23-26 2011
Clarion: July 10-16, 2011
The Shaded King (Messaline novella): Autumn 2011
SF Horror story("Form & Void"): Dec 25, 2011
Shattered Pillars: November 2 2011
An Apprentice to Elves: December 1 2011 (with truepenny)
The Steles of the Sky : November 2012
No fixed deadline:
Smile (unless its name is actually Salt Water)
REZ (formely known at the Singularity Rent novel)
"Untitled Space Opera Thingy"
"The Slaughtered Lamb"
"The Death of Terrestrial Radio"
"On Safari in R'lyeh and Carcosa with Gun and Camera"