April 5th, 2007

rengeek kit & tilda lucifer/gabriel

any carbon monoxide scare you can walk away from is a good one...

Or, why a wide-ranging education can come in handy...

So, about eleven this morning I realized I has a splitting headache, every joint in my body ached, I couldn't type straight, and I felt like falling over. And the cat was acting weird. Even for this cat.

Also, my apartment building smelled weird. And I mean I felt so weird I walked into the bathroom and did a stroke self-assessment in the mirror. (I do not appear to have suffered any more brain damage.)

So I called the management company and opened all the windows and felt better, and then that nice Mike came out and said "Yep, something smells weird." and called the FD.

We got two ladder trucks, a supervisor, a tanker, and a cop car. (!) They just let us back in.

Fortunately, I managed to catch the cat before I left and take her with me, so while it was drama, it wasn't scary drama. But she is offically Not Speaking To Me.

They can't find anything wrong, and they did the air test things.

But they are now down the other end of my hall trying to find the source of the smell--oh, the trucks just left--I wonder what happened.

NB: If it takes you four minutes to decide if it would be a good idea to call the management company about the odd smell? And your head is splitting? Something is interfering with your oxygen uptake: open a window.

But I did get to meet a cute firefighter who liked my cat.

Now I know why people pull fire alarms. ;-)

(In an odd synchronicity, I just read a chapter on serial arsonists. Yes, I cracked one of the John Douglas books to look something up and it sucked me in.)