1. Fated! Romance!
2. Kinky = evil
3. Prophecies. Especially in verse. Except of the Cassandra/Merlin type.
4. Writers or musicians or artists as automatic protagonists, especially if they are Special because of their Art. (Protagonists who are also artists or craftspeople of some sort, that's different.) (Also, R.A. MacAvoy is excepted from this Rule.)
5. Protagonists who are The Prettiest! (Except Isolfr. Because being pretty pisses him off so much.)
6. "movie sex"
7. Troublesome behavior that is percieved as Right because the protagonists do it.
8. Chosen Ones, unless being chosen is a death-or-boomba kind of deal.
9. Extraordinarily gifted and special people that everybody loves
10. The idea that winning a position of importance is the end of one's troubles.
11. Bad boys who aren't really all that bad, and who can be redeemed by the love of a good POSSLQ.
truepenny and stillsostrange have good lists too: