...I could just leave Caitlin's answers, really.
Meme the Second: 70 Random Personal Questions
1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
I'm either rather quiet, or I take over the world. It all depends on the brain chemicals.
4. Do you take compliments well?
I'm practicing! You can help....
5. Are you an active person?
I do all right.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
7. Do you like to ride horses?
Yes, but I am not good at it. It's on the list of things to actually learn how to do properly someday, along with "play guitar well enough to massacre "Wooden Ships" and "learn Ukrainian." "
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Girl scout camp, once. (We mostly couldn't afford that sort of nonsense. I had to make my own fun.) And I worked my passage at a metric butt ton of women's music festivals. I have slept in more puddles of water than you can shake a stick at.
9. What was your favorite game as a kid?
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you get involved with him/her?
Depends. Is the spouse okay with it? I can't be arsed to lie.
11. Are you judgmental?
I try not to. It's the Yankee thing. Affect the community, however, and I'm all over it like tan on rice.
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Since nearly everybody on earth has different religious beliefs than I do, yeah.
13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I hate both. *g* I'm not good at suspense. I don't mind being asked, though, and I'm usually too much of a coward to do it myself.
14. Can you speak another language?
I have in my time forgotten how to speak French and German. I have also learned fragments of Russian and Japanese, and forgotten those too. And a fair amount of the kind of Spanish you learn working someplace where there are non-English speakers.
15. If you had to choose, would you rather be deaf or blind?
Well, if I were blind, I'd have to finally learn to touch-type, wouldn't I?
I think I'd miss music and conversation more than seeing things.
16. What's your favorite food?
Good cheddar cheese
17. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
I haven't done so in years, but yes.
18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
19. How often do you read books?
Slightly less often than I write them.
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Future. See above, hating suspense.
21. What is your favorite children's book?
Jane Langdon, The Fledgling
22. What color are your eyes?
Blue. A saturated, transparent grey-blue, precisely, that changes precise value depending on what I wear. I understand it can be a fairly startling color.
23. How tall are you?
Another two inches would be nice. (I'm 5'7", which is too tall for standard jeans and not tall enough for longs)
24. Where is your dream house located?
My dream house has many doors, and they open in many places. One of them opens on a rocky seacoast in New Hampshire. Another one opens somewhere in central southern New England. A third one opens somewhere in Scotland. And all of them have good weather stripping.
25. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Either my mom, ashacat, or arcaedia.
26. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
27. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
Um. I know I've been there, but I don't remember when. It was during my first tenure in Las Vegas, though, so... 2000, 2001?
28. What are your keys on your key chain for?
Apartment, truck, bicycle chain, friend's place, mailbox.
29. What's your favorite color?
Black, jade green, copper. All together is nice.
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
I have not even made it to the kitchen yet. Yesterday, I went to manchester. (Connecticut, not UK.)
31. Where is your current pain at?
The usual places.
32. Do you like mustard?
Real mustard, yes. French's mustard, no.
33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Eat. Sleep is the thing I would edit out of the meat-puppet if I had my druthers. (There, there, meat puppet. I really do not subscibe to the Appolonian binary fallacy that the meat puppet and the electrical impulses have nothing to do with each other except a roomate situation. I know you're me. I can tell, because your brain chemicals also make me crazy.)
34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
Each side of the family maintains I look like the other side. I certainly have my dad's build, but I suspect my grandmother Riordan's chin.
35. How long does it take you in the shower?
Five minutes. Ten if my neck hurts.
36. Can you do splits?
I have never in my life been able to do a split. I used to be able to get my feet behind my head, though.
37. What movie do you want to see right now?
38. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats?
....I keep trying to turn "dogs" into "feet," which might make some sense, but where that takes us for "cats," I do not care to know.
On your fur-bearing companion animals.
39. What did you do for New Year's?
My attorney has advised me not to answer. (Real answer: "Packed.")
40. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
The who what?
41. What was the cause of your last accident?
Some schmuck who cut off the person who then broadsided me. I was parked. La.
42. Do you own a camera phone?
Yes, and I use it to take pictures of John Scalzi.
43. What are you drinking?
See above, haven't made it to the kitchen yet.
44. Was your mom a cheerleader?
45. What's the last letter of your middle name?
H or R.
46. Who did you vote for on American Idol?
47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
6 or 7, which is more than I've gotten in years. I can get by on 5 indefintely, but I am trying to be nicer to myself. See above, meat-puppet, more than a roomate situation, may need this body for another fifty years if I am lucky.
48. Do you like Care Bears?
Slaughter-bear, Ripper-bear, Biker-bear, Chain-gun-bear....
49. What do you buy at the movies?
50. Do you know how to play poker?
My grandfather taught me. But he cheated.
51. Do you wear your seatbelt?
52. What do you wear to sleep?
My attorney has....
53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
Which hometown? Hartford, where I was born, has the Amistad trial and some other inconsequential incidents that shapes American history. Nothing big ever happened in Las Vegas except atom bomb testing and a bunch of old celebrities going there to eke out a miserable existence.
Oh, and Howard Hughes losing his marbles.
54. How many meals do you eat a day?
I am a grazer by preference.
55. Is your tongue pierced?
56. Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
I'm not sure I have ever been to a MySpace page.
57. Do you have pets?
Currently, I cohabit with a middle-aged, pushy grey cat.
58. Do you like funny or serious people better?
I like people who display a full range of human emotional response. Or at least whatever facsimile thereof our damage permits.
59. Ever been to LA?
60. Did you eat a cookie today?
No. But I am going to have some sourdough bread in a minute.
61. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
You mean like "dreck" or "maricon?" Yeah, in line at the bank.
62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
I get Canadians to steal for me. (I almost always pay for music, except when I can't get it legally.)
63. Do you hate chocolate?
Hate is reserved for things that merit it. Chocolate is tasty, and has never to my knowledge committed genocide or kicked puppies. I doubt I could muster more than indifference, even if I didn't enjoy brownies.
64. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
Why I haven't called my mom more recently.
65. Is your cell usually on vibrate or ring?
66. Are you a gullible person?
I'm usually pretty clever, but when I fall for something it's hook, line, and sinker. And usually publicly on the Internets.
67. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
Actually, a brief overview of my life suggests that in general I am happier without. I need a Coin-Operated Boy. (TM.) And good friends who will drag me away from the computer.
68. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
I wanted to be a geologist or an astrophysicist. But I suck at math.
69. Are you easy to get along with?
Until I am not.
70. What is your favorite time of day?
Dawn. I like having the place to myself.
Right, off to the gym and the post office. Then home, and housecleaning. And work. And cutting up this duckling and cooking part of it.