Last time it came through, I did it for my characters. *g*
This time, in the spirit of axial tilt, I'm doing it for you. So try these on and see if they fit, why don't you?
Ten things I think you should know about yourself:
1) You think you don't do enough, but for those of us on the sidelines, the wonder is how much you accomplish. We are somewhat convinced that you get a few extra hours in the day that the rest of us don't have access too, because otherwise we can't figure out how you manage to care for your family, create art, and get about with the business of living at the same time as holding down a job that most people would consider a full-time occupation all by itself.
2) I am so pleased that you have an opportunity to follow your dream. I am so pleased that you have had the courage to chase it.
3) Thank you for taking better physical and emotional care of yourself this year than you have before. It is possible to get better, and you are doing the work.
4) I admire your ability to take the whacks on the nose and the setbacks that life hands you, and circumnavigate them. Sometimes it's like being a salmon swimming upstream, isn't it? Two leaps forward, only to get swept back over the rocks. (You ask the world, and the world says no.) But you persist in finding ways around the obstacles. You're an inspiration.
5) You have a fabulous family, and you appreciate it (and them). You give me hope that not all families are crazy and destructive, or merely formed of people clinging together because they're scared to be alone.
6) You remind me of the Ladies of the Canyon, complete with randomly dispensed art and the air of plenty. When I picture an Angel of the House, it is you.
The Victorians would be absolutely mortified, and I enjoy that.
(I should note that the person in this entry is not necessarily female. *g*)
7) Observing you has made me believe that love was something more than a literary construct or chemical reaction. Thank you.
8) You are generous. And part of your charm is that you don't realize it; you just think everybody acts that way.
9.) When I think of you, I think of the music that surrounds you.
10.) If my life ever needed saving, I would be reassured to find myself in your hands.
Right. Only "Lumiere" left to get through. Of course, that's the one that hasn't been revised from its first draft yet.
And then I have to break up "Lucifugous" for web serialization.
And I'm awfully sleepy, dammit.